Wednesday 7 October 2009

Intro: workshops 24th-28th May 2010

Full details of this series of workshops lives at http://bit.ly/sybasigns
Date: Monday 24th May to Fridays 27th May 2010
at Cliftons Training Facility 190-200 George Street, Sydney www.cliftons.com/sydney
Organiser Syba Signs Phyl Williamson www.sybasigns.com.au
Facilitator: Chris Smith www.shambles.net

In May 2010 I'll be flying down to Sydney from sleepy Chiangmai, in Thailand, to facilitate a week of workshops.

Details are all below and although they may seem to have an emphasis on the skills aspects ... throughout there will be discussions about how these applications and tools relate to teaching and learning.

I'm also hoping that we will all benefit from your own experiences ... the good and the not-so-good ... so please arrive with a willingness to challenge what I offer and also with a willingness to collaborate.

So please start now by adding your comments for each workshop you attend ... click on the 'comments' button underneath each blog post below.

If you have questions that are not answered here then have a look at ...
http://bit.ly/sybasigns ... e.g. what to bring, preparation, skills expected ... is there lunch etc ..

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 28 March 2010 at 23:53 , Blogger Shamblesguru said...

Surviving Web 2.0 by Chris Smith
Download from
http://www.sybasigns.com.au/survivingweb2

This article was first published in Professional Educator, Australia's premier quarterly magazine, published for the Australian College of educators by the Australian council for Educational Research, and is reproduced with kind permission. Subscribe at http://www.acer.edu.au/profed/order.html

 
At 14 May 2010 at 19:09 , Blogger Shamblesguru said...

The Shambles Newsletter online 11th May 2010 ... only three a year.

The newsletter lives at http://www.shambles.net/newsletter/may2010/

The screencast at http://screenr.com/M9C is a brief tour around the newsletter ...

I hope it is of interest and help to you and your students.

 
At 19 May 2010 at 18:28 , Blogger Jill said...

Hi all,
My name is Jill Wilson and I am the Teacher Librarian at St Ignatius School in Toowong, Brisbane. I am down in Sydney next week to do a few of the workshops and I'm looking forward to the possibilities that I will be able to take back and share with the staff. I have played a bit with blogs and wikis and look forward to learning lots more about the scope of these tools. My gmail account is jimawilson55@gmail.com
Cheers, Jill.

 
At 19 May 2010 at 22:09 , Anonymous Michelle Robison said...

Hi All,

My name is Michelle Robison and I will be attending all of the workshops during the week. I am a Teacher Librarian at St Edmunds College Canberra. I teach ICT to students in Years 4 to 7. Im looking forward to learning some new ways to use the Web2 technologies. My Gmail address is pontrobison@gmail.com

 
At 23 May 2010 at 01:59 , Blogger Shrrn said...

Hi,

My name is Sharron Stokes and I am a Teacher Librarian at Barker College in Sydney. I work primarily in the Junior School but have contact with Senior School students every week. I'm hoping to find real, rich and relevant ways to use blogs in my teaching. My gmail account is shrrnstks@gmail.com.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home