Wednesday 7 October 2009

Blogs in Teaching and Learning

Mon 24th May : 9:00-12:15
BLOGS ... in teaching and learning

What is a Blog (Weblog), how do you make one and what can they be used for in teaching and learning? ... we will answer all of these and you will create one for yourself in real time.
We will also look at how to embed images, sound, video and PowerPoints into a Blog.
Note ... you will need a gmail web account for this session ... if you do not have one then just create one for yourself at mail.google.com/mail/signup before the session.

We will end the session looking at "
Twitter" (micro blogging) ... which has (surprisingly) become a very powerful professional development tool for teachers.



If you have time before the workshop then have a browse around

www.shambles.net/web2#blog and http://bloggingvideos.blogspot.com



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 18 May 2010 at 17:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, This is Bernadette. I will be coming up for the week and attend each day. I am a teacher librarian and I teach a line of computing at St Francis Xavier College (7 - 12 coed) Canberra. My gmail is bbradley707@gmail.com
I am looking forward to learning as much as possible and how I can uses these technoligies in my teaching and the Resource Centre.
See you all next week.
BB :)

 
At 18 May 2010 at 22:04 , Anonymous Ian McGrath said...

Gooday, My name is Ian McGrath I will be attending only on Monday. I teach years 7-10 I&ST and Tech Mandatory at Mater Dei Catholic College in Wagga Wagga. I have been taeching computing since 1988.
I hope to pick up the skills and knowledge to include blogs in my teaching and support other teachers to do the same.

 
At 19 May 2010 at 18:38 , Blogger Jill said...

Hi everyone. My name is Jill Wilson and I am the Teacher Librarian at St Ignatius School in Toowong, Brisbane. I will be down in Sydney next week for a few of the workshops and I'm looking foward to the possibilities that I will be able to take home and share with the staff at school. I have played a little with blogs and wikis and I'm keen to learn lots more about the scope of these tools. My gmail account is jimawilson55@gmail.com.
Cheers, Jill.

 
At 19 May 2010 at 21:14 , Blogger Joanna said...

My name is Joanna Taylor and I am the Teacher Librarian at PLC Sydney. I have used blogs when travelling but would like to be able to more effectively use them in the library setting.
gmail account is:
nuala1taylor@gmail.com

 
At 20 May 2010 at 17:34 , Blogger Jill said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 23 May 2010 at 01:11 , Blogger sushi said...

hi my name is greg robertson and my role is as the elearning coordinator at marist college pagewood. i teach stage 6 ipt and stage 5 ist. this year i have a stage 4 mt class.

i am doing all the units over the week :)

 
At 23 May 2010 at 05:00 , Blogger Shamblesguru said...

I've created this webpage to be a backchannel tool for Monday ... the Blogs and Podcasting day
http://piratepad.net/blogsandpods

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home