Wednesday 7 October 2009

Video in the Classroom

Fri 28th May 9:00-12:15
Using Video in Teaching and Learning
Video as digital media is now highly accessible on the internet and is becoming a more common multimedia resource to use with your students.

We will cover 'where to find videos', and what to do with them once found. We will also look at some of the production and editing tools, especially those that can be used in a web browser.

Other video-related topics covered will be screencasting, streaming video and embedding video into blogs and other webpages ... and, of course, YouTube

If you already have a video camera then please feel free to bring along to show others ... I'll be showing my favourite ...
the Flip Camcorder



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 18 May 2010 at 17:31 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, This is Bernadette. I will be coming up for the week and attend each day. I am a teacher librarian and I teach a line of computing at St Francis Xavier College (7 - 12 coed) Canberra. My gmail is bbradley707@gmail.com
I am looking forward to learning as much as possible and how I can uses these technoligies in my teaching and the Resource Centre.
See you all next week.
BB :)

 
At 20 May 2010 at 02:28 , Anonymous Cheryl said...

Hi. This is Cheryl. I am attending Friday's sessions. I am an Education Officer-Learning Technologies with the Catholic Schools Office in the Maitland-Newcastle Diocese. I look after 23 Secondary and Primary schools and I completed the How2Web2 course which I enjoyed immensely.
I am always looking to upgrade my skills and love to learn new uses and features of technology integration.Looking forward to learning great new things next week.
Cheers,
Cheryl

 
At 23 May 2010 at 16:45 , Blogger dinah said...

Hi I'm Dinah Holden and I am attending the Friday workshop. I am a Teacher/Librarian at a large primary school. I have completed web 2.0 courses and have used blogs and wikis with my students. At the moment I am making movies with 10, 11 year olds and using the flip video camcorder. I am looking forward to learning how to use web 2.0 technology with the children. Used Glogster last year but I had trouble publishing the children's work due I think to our intranet. Looking forward to Friday

 
At 27 May 2010 at 16:01 , Blogger Bernadette's space said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 27 May 2010 at 16:09 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the backchannel tool


http://piratepad.net/videointheclassroom

 
At 27 May 2010 at 16:11 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm Suzy. I teach music, entertainment industry and digital photography at Picton High School. Don't know much about video.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home