Wednesday 7 October 2009

Advanced Internet Applications

Thur 27th May 1:45-5:00
Advanced Internet Applications designed to save teachers time


Do your Students already have Blogs, Podcasts, Wikis, Websites and other online resources .... and you are needing to spend great amounts of time online checking their work.
One of the tools to help with this task is
RSS ... Really Simple Syndication ... in this workshop we will clarify what this is and also set up an RSS aggregator so that the work from the Blogs of all of your students can be seen clearly all on one webpage.

We will also look further at what an online "Personal Learning Network" (
PLN) is ... and how it might be visualised and quantified to save you even more time managing your own professional development.



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 23 May 2010 at 20:36 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

My name is Easter Tang and I am the Technology Librarian of a private girls school.In this workshop, I would like to see if there is potential for using RSS for alert service. As for PLN, definitely I would like to know more about information management and take better control of my own learning.

 
At 25 May 2010 at 01:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Chris, my name is Penny Costello, and I am a seconday Music teacher, and VET Entertainment teacher, at a state High School. I am being sent to your workshop to learn RSS feeds and other applications for social networks for the classroom, and will be required to report back to the rest of the staff in a staff development day presentation. I have a basic blog at http://fhsmusic.edublogs.org/ I had help putting it together. It was my first attempt.
Our school has the new laptops for learning and wireless internet. Looking forward to the workshop.

 
At 27 May 2010 at 06:04 , Blogger Shamblesguru said...

Backchannel record used for this session can be found at http://piratepad.net/advancedinternet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home